Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Clean Up YouTube Videos


I hate it when I show a YouTube video and I stress over all the extraneous videos and links around the main video. I am always in a hurry to make the video full screen so the students can't see the extra stuff.

I heard about A Cleaner Internet and just added it as an extension to my Chrome Extension Page. This is how you do it, because it is not an intuitive way of adding the usual extension.

First of all, make sure you are using the Chrome Web Browser. 

Go to        http://clea.nr/

Click extension at the top and click CHROME to download the extension.
After it is downloaded...

Go to        chrome://extensions/chrom

             (Just paste the above into the URL bar)   Your chrome extensions page should open up.

DRAG THE DOWNLOADED EXTENSION, FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR BROWSER, TO THE CHROME EXTENSIONS PAGE AND DROP IT.  (sorry I yelled)

It should show that it was added to your extensions. Now go watch a YouTube video and never be concerned about the surrounding, distracting videos again!   *Alas, one caveat. After your video is over I think it will still show all of the related videos inside the box where your video was just viewed.

Be careful because there could still be some inappropriate and distracting videos there. At least that is after your video has been viewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment